May 6, 2014

I'll have one AM/FM Radio……on the rocks please!

*** If you have not been receiving my feed it is because I jacked it up royally. So please be a dear and sign up again!

I have been messing around with my painting aesthetic lately and I think I may have settled into my groove. Mid-Century Ginchness. I'll let you cats google that for a history lesson in 50's slang.

My guy bought this mid-century radio/record player at the Goodwill for me. He knew I would totally dig it. 


The turntable had a 78 Polka record on it but it was stuck on a 33 rate so it basically sounded like when they said you could play Beatles records backwards and you heard the Devil. OK, not that bad but it was probably about the tempo of a polka at the neighborhood nursing home.
Soooo, it had to go. But now we had a vast sink hole to fill.  I am not a drinker so I am a little baffled that the first thing to pop into my mind was a mini bar. But if the shoe fits. Well gave me fits getting that thing out so I had to keep going with it and thus began my search for shots. It's a seedy world out there.

 But first let's see what the gig is with the new paint job, shall we Daddy O?
I went with colors reminiscent of the era. Brings back many a fond memory of some kitchens doesn't it.


I kept some of the wood showing since I loved vibe it was throwin' off. 


Thank goodness I didn't have to search too hard for my mini bar stash. The Goodwill gave it up yet again and provided me with a cool ice bucket and shot glasses combo.

I cut a piece of craft wood to size and then used a jigsaw to cut out the circle for the ice bucket to fit down inside.  

So in one little package, you get hot plates and cool sauce.
Now it's time for me to pile up some Z's…..

Comment below if you figured out all my slang twang….

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life http://www.remodelaholic.com
Nancherrow

11 comments:

  1. such a fun and quirky little piece! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My daughter has a mid century mod home, and I can't wait to pin this for her to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the ginchiest! The color choices and your paint job are both the utmost.

    Found you via Miss Mustard Seed, and now you are in my feed reader-

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, I love the stripes and colors you used! It is so fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I have no idea what you're saying, but your mini bar thingy looks super cool. Daddy-O - I got that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow DaddyO! You are so far out with this project. Truly, I am in love. I am not a drinker either, but I want one of these in my home. You did such a perfect job of restoring the wood too. Sharing tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty darn cute. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...