February 17, 2014

More Asian inspired art for Michaels Pinterest Party

I hope you are not tired of me talkin' about the Pinterest Party yet because I have one more project to show you. We were asked to make a project and bring it and then make another one at the party. I do have to say that this did not get finished until I got home because we were just too busy! That is a good thing I know. I had a ton of fun helping people figure out how to make their projects their own and also loved seeing how everyone thought out their project. It was so personal and reminded me that crafting isn't just for fun. A LOT of love and thought goes into these things!

On a personal note, I want to thank all of my friends, family, and co-workers who braved the "I am so over this" weather and came out to support me! You helped make it a huge success and for that I am forever grateful.

XOXOXOXOXO to all of you!

So onto the second project. I did not want to make the same project twice but I did want them to be related and not look like my fourth cousin twice removed. In case you did not see my first asian inspired artwork here it is again and here is where you can learn how to make it:
I had shades of copper and red with the black stencil so I needed to use them again in the second piece of art but I reversed how they  were used and I used a different stencil from the Martha Stewart Birds and Berries stencil pack. I just reversed the colors of the bird and the berries since I think berries should be red. 
Then I added dimension to it but in a different way then I had with the red bird art.



and here they are next to each other…..
Sadly they were only like this for a little while…. for they were separated shortly after birth and given to two separate families.
Okay not really so tragic as they were each a prize in the giveaway at the party! Izzy and I had a grand time picking names out of the jar. 
Congratulations to Leslie and Olivia on winning the birds and to Andrea for winning the Michaels bag of goodies!

Now I know you are asking how did I give the second burlap that dimension?????
Did Kim sit there and cut out each individual circle with an X-acto knife???? Now that is crazy talk people and we won't have it here on this blog. My job as your crafting Sensei is to show you tips on how to make your rafting life easier and so it shall be Danielson. But you must have patience….. 

Come back tomorrow to discover the last of the Michaels Pinterest Party posts (don't you absolutely adore alliteration, okay well I imagine it is interesting) and learn about the cool tool necessary to karate chop those holes. 

XOXOXO everyone!

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life http://www.remodelaholic.com
Nancherrow

1 comment:

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...